Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introducing...

The Tim Tam Slam.

Dear Americans,
You have been missing out. Never fear! In honor of the beginning of my New Zealand adventures exactly 4 years ago today, I am here to educate you about one of the finer things in life.
While I was in the beautiful country-


emphasis on BEAUTIFUL, they introduced me to the amazing biscuits (cookies) called Tim Tams. Obviously essential to the Tim Tam Slam. Normally, the fact that they are cookies in New Zealand would pose a problem to us in the states almost 7,000 miles away. Fortunately for us, Pepperidge Farms has made it possible for us to own without having to pay for international shipping. Woo hoo!
And now, for your tasting pleasure.

Step #1: Acquire said Tim Tams at Target. Santa also put a few packs in my stocking!


Step #2: Normally you would need


But, Hot chocolate can be substituted.
Step #3: Bite off a little bit of the cookie at each end.


Step #4: Suck the hot chocolate through the Tim Tam cookie. This melts the amazing goodness inside the Tim Tam. And makes it an awesome chocolate-y straw.


(I know it looks questionable, but it's worth it.)
Step #5: Slam the Tim Tam cookie in your mouth before it melts apart.
Step #6: Repeat and savor each Tim Tam Slam!

Fellow Americans, I have felt it my civic duty to enlighten and sweeten your lives with a little piece of heaven. Enjoy!

Respectfully yours,
The Kiwi American

PS While looking through New Zealand photos, I came across evidence of my very first Tim Tam Slam ever!


Awwww! Precious! I can't wait to see your Tim Tam Slam photos!

6 comments:

  1. you're awesome! we may have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOUR YEARS????????? has it really been that long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah i think i'll have to try them. and nice demonstration pictures btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still hate your word verification too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss New Zealand! I can't believe it has been four years to the day! I think we should all travel to New Zealand for a five year reunion????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious! Gotta love Pepperidge Farm. Good thing there is a Pepperidge Farm factory about 20 minutes from my house. I may have to take a drive and buy me some Tim Tams!

    ReplyDelete