Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Absolutely adorable


I read the book, "Flipped" by Wendelin Van Draanen a few years ago and I thought it was so charming. It's a darling story about a boy and a girl who were neighbors. Each chapter or so flip flopped sides of the story. One chapter from the girl's point of view, the next from the boy's. I thought the author did a good job keeping the story flowing. It was cute.

Now, I know I am not a true movie critic but I like movies. I do. I do. When I first saw that they made a film called, "Flipped," I wondered if it was the book. And if it was, I was VERY skeptical about it being as sweet as the book. So I didn't really pursue viewing it. Luckily, Will gave it to me for Christmas. I absolutely loved it. They changed it from the book to be set in the early 60s. I actually liked that it added some old school charm. It is just an endearing feel-good movie.


I encourage anyone who needs an enchanting movie to watch it. Let me know what you think of it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! I want to read the book and see the movie. I've never heard of it, but sounds like I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only heard of the movie and was actually contemplating watching it just yesterday and it sounded cute but I have learned to be skeptical these days of "good" movies, in fear of being disappointed...but I will now watch it and let you know! Thanks for the post!

    P.S. Thanks for your comments, I always enjoy them. And we loved the soda can one, Bryce laughed so hard. Things we never even think about as parents.

    ReplyDelete