Sunday, January 23, 2011

Come What May and Love It

I found myself waking up today (Sunday) groaning that the next time I woke up it would be Monday and I would have to go to work again. I couldn't believe that I was letting myself think that. It was very clear that I needed an attitude adjustment. Boy, am I blessed that I was able to go to church today and have some great perspective reminders. The real thought that came to me over and over through the day was from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk, "Come What May and Love It." There's a great summary of it here and you can listen/watch/read the whole thing here.

"I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it.

As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it."

I guess that can include Mondays... :)


4 comments:

  1. i definitely feel like this... every day. the sunday before MLK day i felt like my weekend was over since all i could see was not wanting to go back to work on TUESDAY. lol... you're a little better than me. i hope you have a good day fool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coooome what maaaaaaay!! I will love you!!! Until the EEEEEnnnnndddd ooooooooooooooooooooof tttiiiiiiiiime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said Jenn! :) So glad I have your blog now. I knew you'd love the wit in my last post. ;) You're awesome. Tomorrow's TUESDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete