Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Holiday...part ii


Having TWO weeks for Christmas break was a nice amount of time. We spent Christmas Eve with my family so we could have our traditional big dinner and our family's talent show around my mom's Nativities Christmas Tree. It was definitely nice to have Annie back for that this year since she and I play the most songs. I'm definitely glad Will and Melanie are getting better at the piano too. It makes the program a lot more varied. I don't have any pictures, but it is a tender tradition.

Christmas morning we woke up at the Shields house and opened up our presents. We were super spoiled this year by our families. We liked seeing Brycen open his presents this year. Opening presents is so much more magical with little kids.


The rest of the break we spent staying warm by the fireplace, eating, sleeping, Michael played WAY too much Mario Kart with Will and Victor. And, of course, what would visiting my family be if we didn't have some sibling's sports games to watch.


Mel-Mel is really good and fun to watch. I just think it is so funny that an Ostler girl is on the high school basketball team. We aren't exactly known for our height. But, Mel breaks all the similarities the rest of us have. She's awesome.

We also got to go on an awesome double date with these two...


and see these folks play...


It was so fun and I'm glad people will still double with us even though we're married.

We had a lot of fun over the break and although it went by in a flash, we loved every second we had. And now that I am thawing out in my warm state, it feels good to be back in AZ.

1 comment: