Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Fever

I will give Arizona credit for stepping up to the plate when I feel like it should be spring, it joins in and gives me beautiful weather instead of snowing on me. And because it has been doing this for me, we enjoyed the evening outside the Mesa Temple watching the Easter Pageant.

It's amazing how huge the production is! I honestly loved being right outside the beautiful temple. Looking into the visitor's center windows and seeing the radiant Christus statue and then seeing the grand stage depicting the miraculous Easter story. It really is a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by people who share my love for the Gospel and the monumental event surrounding this Easter holiday.

And for the cherry on top, we tagged team with the Campbells. We got the seats. They picked up the Cafe Rio. Ah... I love perfect Spring evenings.

And I also loved the many comments the sweet, old man behind had for Michael's shirt. Every time he thought of a new funny, he told us. It was hilarious.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I could use Cafe Rio right now. I've been oddly craving it for a week. Random. And now seeing your pictures just confirmed that I need it. Maybe I just need to take a long drive to Arizona :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! I'm very jealous of Arizona's weather right now.... it's pouring down rain here. You look super cute and I'm loving your outfit and bangs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful night! :) Seeing the pictures of the Cafe Rio is making my mouth water! haha And if you don't mind I'll be stealing your pictures to document on our blog! Sure glad you remembered to take some! I was too busy enjoying my yummy PORK salad! ;) And didn't it make the perfect Friday lunch? YUM! Let's play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that you would love AZ! There is so much to do there :) And sunshine is never too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, is that Joseph Campbell? He was my home teacher in my freshman ward! How small is this world?? That looks like a fantastic evening... when are we going to play? The clock is ticking... I'm moving in about 4 months...

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Sigh* I wish I was in Arizona right about now! We shovelled the driveway again this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter Pageant plus Cafe Rio!?!? Sounds like the perfect night out to me.

    So if I was any kind of adult I would have told you this much sooner but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for last weekend. I personally enjoyed getting to know you both better and we felt so welcome in your home and ward. I know that Vernal is not entirely appealing as a tropical get-a-way but honestly we would love to have you any time. Really there are some great outdoorsy things here - think beautiful mountains, rivers, and lakes. Also, the kids had a blast with you guys and Ryanna wants to know when we will go stay with her big cousins again. Maybe she just wants to reuinite with her Mexican soulmate..... hehehhe. Love you guys and hope to see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun Jenn!!! Cant go to Mesa without 2 pieces of Heaven= 1. The Temple 2. Cafe Rio! Love it!

    ReplyDelete