Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Night in New York...

...Stake Center style.
This weekend we went to prom. You read that right- prom. Our stake puts together a big prom for the youth. It's become a big deal. They go all out decorating the stake center to the different themes. It's gotten so big that they make a night just for the adults. So you better believe I took full advantage of that.
It was fun. Some girls from the ward got together and did hair and make up. I personally loved how my hair turned out. I love having my hair done. It feels so good.


We had the fantastic Baers come down and we all went to Olive Garden- like prom goers do. Here's the gang before the Baers got there.


After dinner, we went to find out what all the hoo haw was about and we were not disappointed. The entry was a subway tunnel with fog machines, construction zones, bums (mannequins) warming by the fire, and a pile of garbage that had a rat (fake) going around on a train track- this kind of grossed me out. (Sorry for the blur-it's the fog machines)


Then you walk into beautiful Times Square of New York, New York. Our ward had helped build these awesome sky scrapers. I loved the "Sleepless in Seattle" reference.


They were very meticulous and made sure there was room for the beautiful Manhattan Temple.


It was all pretty intense. I also helped decorate the bathroom to look like a 5th Avenue dressing room. However, I didn't take pictures because I thought that might make me a creeper. But, you get the idea. (I made my shoes part of these window displays later in the evening.)


And, of course, there was dancing...


Although is was cliche and nostalgic, I loved every second of it. And in the words of Eliza Doolittle, "I could have danced all night." Thanks for indulging my little girl fantasies, Baers.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That is AMAZING! I can't even imagine how much work went into all of the decorating/staging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when I first read the title of your post I really thought you went to NY, but looking at the way it was decorated, you were basically in NY city! How fun! I wish they did cool stuff like at at our Prom's. You look beautiful by the way, love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love that... as corny as it is i would totally bash it but deep down LOVE every minute of it. seriously that is all super decked out. looks INCRED! and your hair is the most incredible of all! hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty intense for a stake activity! Looks fun, and your hair looked awesome. Very creative do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what was the budget for that activity?!

    ReplyDelete