Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thank You x 365


I love that we have a holiday dedicated to being grateful. I read an article about a book that's coming out soon. The author was in the middle of a divorce, with a struggling business. Instead of dwelling on his misfortune, he decided to embrace an attitude of gratitude by writing one thank you note every day for a whole year. I'm kind of intrigued to read this book because I honestly feel that gratitude and humble service help to overcome any of life's challenges.

We really feel so blessed. We have so much to be grateful for. We have jobs, a house, a free nation, functioning cars, amazing friends and unbelievably supportive families. We are super thankful for the amazing food we get to eat on this holiday. We are also so grateful for the knowledge we have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Our gratitude list goes on and on. And I'm really going to work on being aware of that list 365 days of the year and write a few more thank you notes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. It snowed all night last night and I woke up to w winter world... I think it's still snowing?
    And I'm actually excited about it! And I've been Christmas decorating (I cheated and put the tree up on Thanksgiving day so that way when I got home from my 11 hour black friday shift, I'd have a glimmer of happiness as to why it's craziness at this time of year), and it makes me feel all cozy inside!!

    ReplyDelete