Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun?

Alright, I know that I am super guilty of always waiting for tomorrow and I count down to Friday starting Monday and sometimes Sunday night instead of enjoying the present. Weekends are just so good. I guess it is because of this that I have no idea what happened to November. Seriously, that went fast!

To be fair, I think the weather is still throwing me for a loop. It has been the coldest weather in Arizona for the past 75 years, but still, high of 60s and 70s is not December to me yet. So that might add to it.

Whatever the reason, Michael and I both have no idea where November went. We were trying to think of some of our "accomplishments" and things we did. The only big stuff we could think of was Thanksgiving and we were baffled about what happened to the previous 24 days of the month.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We were brave and had our first Thanksgiving without our families. Mine was in Vegas for a soccer tournament and Michael's went to California. Michael played his turkey bowl game and I thought how thankful I was that I didn't have to watch in 15 degree weather. Thankfully, we were not left without food. Friends from the ward invited us to their first Thanksgiving dinner without family.


It was wonderful and we sure are grateful that we have a good ward and good friends that include us. The Binghams did the big cooking and we brought some fixings. The food was so great and Amy had so many fun touches like our delicious place cards. Amazing holiday!


We had a big surprise on Saturday when the doorbell rang and we found Michael's family on the doorstep. I'm pretty sure that Phoenix is NOT a pit stop from anywhere so, boy, was it a great surprise! We played, shopped, and bbq-ed. (That's right, we're still bbq-ing down here.) After church on Sunday, they took off for Utah. It was short, but fantastic!

And now- December, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure last night I started counting down to Friday and it wasn't even Monday yet! I think I need a new job... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you weren't completely alone on thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete