Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...well sort of...I'm not use to being able to enjoy old fashion ice cream while at a Christmas party in the backyard. Nor do I usually get in a swimming suit in December, but Arizona is changing lots of things!

At least our house looks like Christmas time. It sure felt different putting up Christmas decorations when the sun is shining, the grass is growing green, and it's a high of 76. Even though I don't have a fireplace to hang my stockings with care on, I still like having some.


It's been fun to find places in our house for our decorations this year. Even though we can't take weekend trips to see the lights at temple square, my parents sent a piece of Utah to us! The trees light up and everything! And I don't freeze my fanny off enjoying the splendor. Not a bad deal!


The first year Michael and I got married, I went to the wonderful Tai Pan and bought a ton of Christmas ornament balls. Michael thought I was crazy, but I sure love using them everywhere around our house.


What a wonderful time of year!

8 comments:

  1. your house looks so cute! you should go to the mesa temple lights. that is a lot of fun, and it is the original temple lights location :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute House!!! Oh ya, and the ice cream was more like a slushy. Maybe it is because it melted so fast...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tai Pan! Cute decorations and cute house. I'm pretty jealous of your warm weather and sunny skies. Btw, Les and Adam are moving to the Phoenix area in May, so I'm sure at some time, I will make it down there to visit both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. my verification word was getatub....maybe your next investment should be a hot-tub for us all-Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't have a fireplace? that is so sad! what are you planning on telling your kids on how santa gets into the house?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your house and can't wait to see it in person! That is an awesome piece of Utah your parents sent!! I have never seen anything like it! And even though, a warm Christmas does sound like an oxymoron, I think I could get used to it real quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your ornament balls! What a cute way to hang them. Well in Utah it is currently raining and feels like Spring because everything is brown and ugly.... so at least you have pretty green grass instead of black snow on top of brown grass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea to hang the ornaments in front of the windows...and I totally want that set of Temple Square! I've never seen that before, but what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete