Sunday, November 21, 2010

...looking on the bright side...



Never fear we have a Cafe Rio here. (It's only 40 mins away instead of every 10, but hey- it's still good.)

I think eating there for dinner after going to the beautiful Mesa Temple was pretty darn good medicine for the crappy week I endured. How blessed we are to have a place as wonderful as the temple to go to to escape the world and be reminded of the things that really matter. I'm grateful I know these truths.

We had a great day yesterday with the Baers. We went to an Art Festival in Scottsdale. We had gone to one in Litchfield Park a few weeks ago and LOVED it but we hadn't been able to stay very long. So we were super excited to hear about another one. Scottsdale's was much bigger, but more on the pricey end. I still loved being able to sip my strawberry lemonade as we walked around enjoyed some booths, people watched, avoided some awkward booths, and were creeped out by some- huge paintings of dogs in human bodies?! Really? Of course, my favorite part of the festival was the food. We had these amazing chips after I watched a man take out two real potatoes and put them on this awesome screw machine thing that cut them up in the awesome curly shape. Definitely worth it.


I think the amazing food throughout the day definitely helped my mini-golf game later that evening. I totally won the first 18 holes. And I got a hole in one as well as a few 6 putt maximum scores on the last 18- not as hot. But, still a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet weekend! Those types of weekends definitely help get ready for the next week of teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, jealous. When are we going to live close again so that we can come along on you excellent weekend adventures??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your phone takes really good pictures!!! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem!
    You visited the Temple AND Cafe Rio without calling me. What is wrong with this picture...
    Glad you had a fun weekend. Let's get together soon.
    Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete