Tuesday, November 23, 2010

did you know...?

FYI- It's not Thanksgiving yet. I've been holding strong to my belief that I won't put up Christmas before Thanksgiving. I don't know why, but this year I've been super tempted to pull it out.

Maybe it's the fact that it's a high of 71 this week that keeps throwing me off. If the Christmas decorations are up, maybe it will FEEL like Christmas time- even though the weather is far from the white Christmas time I'm used to.

Ok, I'll admit, I have started listening to some Christmas music on the radio even though it's not Thanksgiving, but I'm still staying strong on the decorations and the wonderful movies. The amazing Christmas movies are what get me the most. So... to fight the intense desire to watch the "Home Alones" and "It's a Wonderful Life," I have been watching movies that remind me of Christmas time even though they are not entirely Christmas movies.

For example, "Harry Potter." Why do I feel Christmas-y watching those movies? I do not know. But I have been watching a few of those- including HP7! I still love my Harry Potter!
Another Christmas-y movie but not a Christmas movie that I watched lately is the wonderful "Meet Me in St. Louis."


It's absolutely wonderful and a musical. The best part is it has all the seasons in it, so I kind of crave watching this movie all year long. Did you know that "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" came from this musical? Because it did. So if you are in need of a great movie that can go with the awesome Christmas Classics, I seriously suggest you add "Meet Me in St. Louis."

6 comments:

  1. I love that movie! And Harry Potter 7! Let's watch both of those when we're in town next month :) It would definitely beat the last movie we all watched together! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! I can't believe that you just posted this. Okay, so I love the movie The Family Stone - don't ask me why, I just do. And I saw this clip of Judy Garland singing that song on that movie and thought I don't even know what that is. Then today on the radio they explained that the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is from Meet Me in St. Louis. Now that I saw your post that it is good, I'm making Jeff get in on Netflix so we can watch it tonight. He's with you and won't watch Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the music! Seriously Jen....just pull everything out...just do it. It will make you feel better:) Andrew and I were talking about Bevs party last night. We are excited. haha no really! Anyway hope you too have a Happy Thanksgiving and we will call ya when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also believe in waiting until after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations and start listening to music and watching movies. But this year everyday I want to put up Christmas and start listening to songs and watching movies all day everyday! I think it's because we have so much snow this year, so it feels like December already. Harry Potter makes me think of Christmas too. Probaby because in every movie it is snowy and they go home for Christmas break. I've never seen Meet me in St. Louis, I will have to go rent it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 71 degrees is nothing compared to the 82 degrees we got here in Houston these past couple of days. It's insane.
    I gave in with Christmas music, but I'm holding off on decorations until after Thanksgiving.
    You have a really good taste of movies! You guys introduced me to great classics like the King and I and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, etc.. etc..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter always helps me feel better about winter.
    We were supposed to have a "huge" storm yesterday... it snowed like two inches in Provo and now you can't even tell... LAME. Brad and I were seriously excited.

    ReplyDelete