Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Out-of-towner

Last weekend, we had our first official out-of-towner house guest- my mom! I LOVED having her down here. Some coworkers started making fun of me because all week I kept saying my mom's coming to town! My mom's coming to town! Well, I don't care what they say because I love my mommy and I don't care who knows it!

She flew in Thursday. Michael was able to pick her up from the airport.
His work is 5 mins away- so convenient. I raced home from my work to meet them at home. We were able to show her our house. She and my dad had a 2 hour lay over in Phoenix in July so they were able to see the starting of our house, but it was fun to show her our projects and our rooms without boxes everywhere. She spoiled us to dinner here:


It was delicious! What a great way to start out her visit! We then ran some errands- including an infamous jaunt to Wal-Mart as previously mentioned.

The next day, she came to school with me. My class was amazed that my mom was there and that she had a different name than me. (Mrs. Ostler vs. Mrs. Shields) I loved having her there because she can now fully understand when I talk to her about having a rough day. She was a big help with our Halloween party. She took on the hardest task of the donuts on a string. It was awesome.


Friday night she came and watched our first co-ed softball games. I felt bad because going and watching sports games is very much part of her daily routines, but I loved having her. And I don't want to talk about how sore I was the next day just from two softball games- yikes!

Saturday we dragged her to the nursery to help us pick out some plants for our backyard. She knows her stuff! We got all that we needed. She even spoiled us and got us some of these beautiful plants:


They are Gardenias and they are going to look beautiful! We then enjoyed the afternoon in Mesa with my uncle and my mom's college roommate. We finished up the evening with the Baers and the perfect scary movie for Halloween:


Sunday, she got to enjoy my Nursery class with me and all that that entails. Bless her for being there. Monday, I took work off and we went out shopping. Then the time came when we had to drop her off at the airport. Saying goodbye is definitely not my favorite thing to do, but it had been such a good weekend. I loved having her here. I loved being able to talk to her about anything and everything. She is one amazing lady. When I grow up, I want to be just like my mom!

7 comments:

  1. i love your mom too... even though i haven't seen her in years! glad you had a good weekend... it's nice having visitors! i only live in Provo and it's very rare that any of my family come up here... haha oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you do, it's nice to have another woman in the house to chat and do stuff with. And help in Nursery?! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun that your mom was able to come to your classroom! Your mom is awesome. What a fun mom/daughter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't know there was macayos in phoenix. that's cool. and mom told me how the major department store in your local mall is a mexican department store. ha ha. anyway, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how moms help out so much. That is seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun! If i come visit you will you blog about me? he he

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun. I always enjoy the one-on-one time with my mom, which you actually probably get more of when you live far away. AND...I'm jealous you have a Macayos so close!

    ReplyDelete