Monday, May 7, 2012

It's always fun when Grandma comes

This last week, we were lucky enough to have Michael's mom here. And because she was here, guess who got to go out on a date?! We did! And I didn't break down too much. It was nice to get out and know that my baby was in good hands. Grandma took a lot of the 6 am shifts which was wonderful! And if she didn't have baby, she was having some good quality time with Sabaka. They went on many a walk or bike ride. Boy does Sabaka miss her! It was so so so nice to have some extra hands! We were able to take care of many errands. So nice. We went to my classroom to see my students' program and so they could meet my little Laila. They were pretty darn excited. It was sweet. Because Grandma was here, I was also able to substitute for my substitute and teach my class on Friday. She also brought baby out for lunch. I liked being back in class and again, knowing my baby was very well taken care of made the day a nice day back.
We had a fantastic week and we are looking forward to seeing Michael's family again in a few weeks in Texas!

2 comments:

  1. I love how they are matching! And the pretty coral color!
    Laila's eyes look blue in this picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to Texas?!?! What about Virginia???

    ReplyDelete