Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sabaka the Hero


On Thursdays, I work late at an after school program for kids and Michael has school. Since we are gone for such a large part of the day, the wonderful Browns are gracious enough to let our puppy play with their puppy.

This tale happened a week ago when the Brown boys were outside playing in the yard (the dogs were back there too). According to Peyton, Sabaka saved his life. He said a bee was chasing him and buzzing near his ear. But then, Sabaka ate it. When his mom heard this story she was a little alarmed because she doesn't know if he is allergic to bees or not and not quite sure if she believed what our puppy had to do with the whole story. When she went out to investigate, she found a slobbery, dead bee by the back door. So the story seems plausible... What a good puppy!

Here's a picture of her playing with her a toy. Notice the slightly guilty face.


6 comments:

  1. What a brave puppy you have! As a child my dog saved me and my guinea pig from a gardner snake while we were playing in the backyard. I'm glad you have puppy to keep you guys and soon to be baby girl safe, especially from killer bees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good doggy! Excited for your little one to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He ATE a bee? I am surprised his mouth didn't get stung...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Your comments worked. Welcome back, friend!

      Delete
  4. Oh, and I meant she. I know your puppy is a she not a he.

    ReplyDelete