Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas #2

Christmas Eve morning after opening presents, Christi and her cute family left for Oregon and Michael & I headed to KTown. Christmas Eve is my mom's favorite part of Christmas which is extremely contagious to me.

We had a big dinner and our family recital which is starting to become just Annie and I playing. Will was a trooper to play our opening and closing songs. He's doing a good job staying on track with the hymns. Melanie did a good job practicing some solos. I hope they keep that up!

On Christmas Eve we get to open one present (usually pjs) but since Christmas was on a Sunday we all got something to wear to church that day. Christmas on Sunday is WONDERFUL. I loved waking up, eating breakfast, and going to church for the Christmas program with my whole family. Michael's parents came as well to hear Annie and me play in the program. So thoughtful! It was a very nice morning.

After church we came home and were allowed to open our pjs to open presents in. (Another perk to Sunday Christmas is that my hair and make up were done for presents pictures.) We were spoiled again- especially Baby Girl.

One of my favorite moments was the fact that Melanie had been begging for a puppy all Christmas and then she opened a box full of puppy toys only to be told that they were meant for my puppy. She was so excited then dejected that she started crying. No worries, when all the presents were opened, there was a little yelp from a box behind my grandparents that contained this little guy...

(Although we voted for Jimmer, Mel still insists on Beckham. She is a true soccer fan.)

The rest of the day was spent chillaxing with the family and topped off with a big fancy dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Cook. My mom makes the big dinners look so effortless and taste fantastic. It's amazing. Really.

The day after Christmas, I was able to meet up with these chicas...

Laura, Sharli, and I are all due DAYS apart. AND Janna is still friends with us! Isn't that fantastic!?

The next couple of days we did some girl bonding time at many a store. The boys played many an hour of video games. We went on a double date with my Grandma and Grandpa Cook- love them. We had a double date with the wonderful Crandalls. And I got to meet this sweet baby girl of Alisia's:


One of my favorite days home, we all went to the Bountiful temple. My Grandpa, my Grandma, my mom, my dad, Michael & I and Annie & Victor. Since my Grandpa is a sealer, we did sealings all together and it was an amazing experience Thank heavens Annie took some pictures.

No group shots because we had to hurry, my dad was already in the car ready to go to Cafe Rio. I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. a: where are the pics of these Christmas church outfits!?!
    b: melanie just wanted to name her dog after my baby. can't blame her; my baby is baller status.

    ReplyDelete