Saturday, January 21, 2012

10 More Weeks...

By then will I have a clue what to do?

Well..probably not. But we are so excited to learn as we go. I have already learned that baby sitting on my lungs and allergies are not good for my dormant asthma. I had an asthma attack at school a couple of days after my last doctors appointment. My class was taking a science test and I started getting really worried since I couldn't breathe. So I started googling asthma and pregnancy, which made me even more nervous because it was talking about how baby needs oxygen. Then I remembered that caffeine is good for asthma attacks. But I didn't know if that was legit or not. So I googled that and found out it is indeed a scientific fact. Then I googled caffeine and pregnancy. It was a lot of research all while I'm trying to stay calm and get some oxygen and making sure my students weren't cheating. Finally, I just left them taking their tests to get some caffeine. It calmed me down so I thought it was just the one asthma attack a year I get. However, I had a few others about a week after that. One night it was so bad, I dug out my old inhaler and noticed that the prescription said to discard by 2004. Seriously?! That's how long it has been since I've used that thing. Don't be jealous, but I got a brand new inhaler the next day and now I'm breathing normal-well as much as a pregnant lady with squished lungs can be. What an adventure!
This is me at 30 weeks...

We have also "started" on baby's room. We cleared out a bunch and I FINALLY got Michael to switch the ceiling fan from this...

To this...
Not a total transformation, but a vast improvement. (Much more baby room appropriate. Plus it's clean so that's a start to my nesting to do list) The list is getting long. But I'm pretty sure this is the color scheme I want for her room...


We have miles to go before I feel like we have things organized. So now, I need some opinions... What are must haves? What brands/types of car seats, strollers, swings etc? Spread the love folks.

4 comments:

  1. You look great Jenn! Lame about the asthma attacks, it is just lovely what pregnancies do to your body! I love the colors for her room, I am sure it will be darling and beautiful when it is finished! Really the only "must have" item that we have loved is our carseat. It is a Chicco which is slightly more expensive (not horribly so though) but it is heavier (also a pain sometimes when you are carting it around) but I feel like it is so much safer! Other stuff has seemed mostly the same for me, but that is something we have definitely loved! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't remind me about only having 10 weeks left! I'm kind of starting to panic. Good thing I don't have asthma or I would be in bad shape! Caffeine is always good for what ails you. My sister recommended Peg Perego for car seat or Maxi Cosi. She also said Brintax is good for the forward facing ones when they get older. After reading about the Peg Perego I'm kinda sold on it (of course it's one of the expensive ones). But it's my baby's safety were talking about and it will hopefully last through another baby, plus it is lighter weight than other ones I've seen. But I'm sure other brands like Graco are just fine. I've decided against a travel system since I plan to use a baby sling or carrier more during their first couple of months. So for a stroller I really want a Maclaren. They are sweet and of course expensive. But the style I want works for a newborn up to a 60 pound child. So I will only need one stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got a new inhaler - having an asthma attack at school sounds horrible!

    We didn't get any fancy brands of anything, Graco for carseat, stroller, and swing. We liked everything, but didn't have anything else to compare it to. The one thing I'd recommend is a Puj tub. I thought it was completely unnecessary and silly, until my friend let me borrow hers after Carson was HATING bath time. It was like magic. He absolutely LOVED bath time in the Puj Tub, and it was really so easy and convenient. We're planning on buying one for Baby Dos now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no advice for baby BUT I do love the color scheme you chose for her room. And you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete