Monday, January 2, 2012

The journey to Christmas break...

Now that my Christmas break is almost over, I should probably share all the adventures we had. My school got out the 20th so the plan was to drive straight to Utah ASAP. We decided to drive so that we could take puppy and it's always easier to bounce back and forth between our families when we have our own car.

However, a couple of days before we planned to leave, Michael found out that he had to fly to New Hampshire for a business deal and he wasn't sure when he would get back. Sorry, but pregnant lady is not going to drive the whole drive herself.

Fortunately, Michael was able to leave New Hampshire the day we planned on leaving so he flew into Vegas. I drove that leg by myself, but puppy made me feel safe. Then Michael drove the rest of the way which was great considering I picked him up from the airport at 10:30 PM and we arrived into SLC at 4:30 AM. Quite the night.

The best part of that LONG drive is the fact that I got into Vegas an hour earlier than Michael so Whitney met me fora quick stretch and a welcomed Starbucks break. I LOVED seeing her and I finally got to meet her little ninja. He's adorable and I'm still learning how to work our camera, but it was a fun little stop...

Thanks for meeting me, roommate!


2 comments:

  1. Hey friend! I hope Christmas has been great for you 3! I miss you dearly...the Shields need to be in our life again! Hope all is well!:)

    ReplyDelete