Sunday, March 13, 2011

What happens in Vegas

My spring break is finally here! We started it out right by getting on the road for Las Vegas. (After Michael dropped the dog off at our neighbors house- of course.) I was in a car with Michael and Gray who found three stations playing the BYU game vs New Mexico. So no worries, we heard Jimmer's 52. That got the boys in chipper moods. After we got checked into our hotel, Gray went to pick up Jenni from the airport. She's still living in Utah until school gets out. Talk about a long distance relationship! But, we are sure glad we got to party with them for the weekend.

We started our Saturday by going to the temple. It was so pretty! It's the perfect way to start our trip.


Isn't Jenni one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever?

After the temple, we got ready for the show I have been pining to see again for quite some time now...


That's right, we went to the 'Lion King!!' I saw it in New York when I was little and I have been telling Michael about all the awesomeness. I probably talked it up too much because the Vegas version was a lot smaller than the New York. However, it was still incredible. I love the costumes, the beautiful songs and how they make the cartoon come alive. If you haven't heard the song, "Endless Night," you need to google it because it is simply powerful.

After the show, we went to dinner at an amazing Mexican restaurant that was very randomly found. Score. We played games and relaxed.

Sunday morning was funny because both Gray's parents and my family were in Vegas. Gray's parents were down for a tennis tournament and Mel had a soccer tournament so in the morning we split to see our families.

Although it wasn't the "average" Vegas weekend, it was delightful. After that, I started my hitch-hiking adventure to Utah...

7 comments:

  1. Looks like alot alot of fun! I want to see Lion King so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. that was from me lol I was on a different email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no gambling??? jk... that's just the inner gambler in me talking. i need to take eddy to lion king... he likes that sort of stuff. and like kelsy said... your hair is way longer than i think i've ever seen. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're looking skinny in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVED the Lion King! I only saw in Salt Lake so it would be so awesome to see it in New York. I'm glad you had a fun Spring Break, even though I never got to see you. I guess that's the perk of being a teacher, you still get a Spring Break! I wish I had a Spring Break :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to write that I love your clothes in all these pictures! Especially that cute purple dress. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete