Monday, March 21, 2011

A hitch hiker's guide to the southwest...

As previously mentioned, I experienced the wonderfulness of Spring Break. Vegas was only the start of my adventures. From Vegas, I headed up to Utah. Now, remember, gas prices are no bueno right now which means that flight tickets are really really high. So, I didn't think it was going to happen. However, fate- and a lot of wonderful people- made it possible.
Gray's parents took me from Vegas to Provo. I'm sure glad we got to enjoy a weekend earlier at their cabin, otherwise I would feel super weird being a strange girl getting a ride with them. They were really great to let me tag along! Annie took me from Provo to Orem so my mom didn't have to go in too far from the freeway. My mom then took me from Orem to Kaysville. I made it home!


I loved being home. I got to visit my mom at Knowlton. (I know I'm a dork to use my spring break to go to another elementary school- but I like being there.) I was able to help her get the millions of books organized and put away. We enjoyed many great lunches together including the Bun Basket and Cutler's. And of course, we enjoyed dinner at BC Chicken. Yum! Bless the local grub. Ultimately, I just loved being with my mom. I got pretty darn lucky in the mom department.
I'm glad Tricia lives close because we got to enjoy delicious Noodles & co and catch up time. I also got to see the roommates for PI day. (3.14) It's a tradition and involves lots of great pie, so naturally, I loved it.
Wednesday, I drove out to Mapleton and I got there right as everyone was at recess. I saw most of my 5th graders from last year and boy did that make me homesick. I had such a great year last year. It made going back to school that much harder. I guess that's what happens when you had the ideal job. I really miss it.
Luckily, I had Angela to cheer me up after my sad realization. She's pretty good at that. We then continued my good food of Utah tour and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Kneaders. I feel pretty thankful I have so many great friends.
I wish I could have been home longer to visit more, however, my hitch hiking habits started again the next day. My mom took me down to St. George because my brother had a baseball tournament. We watched a few exciting games and had fun with Camille. The next morning, Camille took me all the way to Vegas so that I can then meet up with my in-laws.
The Shields were in Vegas so they could visit Michael's brother and were willing to go the extra 5 hrs to visit us! It was awesome because we got to stop at the Hoover Dam. I don't think I have ever done that before. It is unbelievable! I got this picture from the new bridge they built for traffic. It's so huge!


A few hours, later, I was back in the AZ.
And that, my friends, is this hitch hiker's guide to a fantastic spring break

1 comment:

  1. Wow way to boycott the airlines! Everyone should do that so they lower prices and we can all go home more! haha No really... That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete