Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The White Room Challenge

A living room was a major compromise for the house. I wanted a separate living room other than the great room. It needed to be a more formal room where my piano could go. A room that could be a nice, quiet room. I wanted a room that I could take visitors without having to worry about them seeing my dirty house. A room where we could have home teachers, family night, etc. There were not many houses that we looked at with this type of room.
This house conveniently had a bonus room option that is now officially my "sitting room." I am mad I didn't take any before pics. It was stark white with no lighting. Michael has worked hard to make that nice room that I was looking for. He installed the ceiling fan, put in the crown molding, and painted the walls my favorite green.

It's been fun to have my mom's old living room furniture. I'm excited to get in there and really decorate it. It's going to be my quaint cottage, light & breezy retreat. So for now, consider these middle pictures with the end product on the way...


5 comments:

  1. You know I love me a white wall...
    We should trade houses because I would KILL for your white walls... and mine are a warm color?

    That is your favorite green and it makes the couches look fantastico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute! It looks so different without all the boxes everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! and i have that same picture on your wall! i like the changes even though i didn't see what it was before. lookin good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps you need to get rid of your word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I love crown molding. That is the only thing in our stupid apartment that I like, the wall color and the crown molding! I'm jealous that you have a room for your piano. I have a piano from my grandma but it is sitting in storage cause I don't have a fancy sitting room like you!

    ReplyDelete