Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Playing with Fabric

We have been having some fun going to JoAnn's lately. We started with a headboard that I'll show some pictures of later. But, that project led us to this project...

Before:


After:


We got this new kitchen table after lots of really picky hunts. I just wanted a little bit more flavor. The project was actually pretty painless. The fabric was on sale, plus I got a 50% coupon and a teacher discount (SWEET!) so to cover all 8 chairs it was under $20. Which is great because I won't feel guilty in a few years if I want to change it again.

We just took the seat off of the chair legs. Then we covered the cushion and used a staple gun to keep the fabric there. And voila! We have new kitchen chairs! What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Love your "new" chairs, they look awesome!! And your house is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! Your table is super cute, I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very impressive! Your blog is pretty much HGTV, I learn so many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them! what kind of a staple gun do you have? I need to get one...
    I duck taped my chairs because they're not mine so I didn't want the coverings to be permanent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work. i'm dying to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you're quite the little crafty! That's a really good idea, so maybe if I ever get a house and a table to put in that house I can steal your idea. :)

    ReplyDelete