Monday, October 5, 2009

What a wonderful weekend...

As previously mentioned, weekends are always great. However, two weekends of the year automatically have a special place-it is not the super bowl- it's Conference weekend!


I have grown up in Utah, so I have liked Conference weekend because it means you can watch the sessions at home in your pajamas with lots of yummy food. Now, I look forward to conference because it means the seasons are changing and it makes me want to be better. This past conference weekend was no exception to all of the above. What an amazing tradition!
Saturday Michael had to work in the morning, so I listened to morning session at our house. Yes, that is correct, I LISTENED, because our poor little old school house will not pick up any channels without the extra cost of satellite or cable. But my radio sure got great reception! It was actually great because as I was listening I was able to get all of the laundry done and put away. I also got the whole house picked up and grew spiritually. It was a great mix.
Saturday afternoon I went up to my house while Michael went to Priesthood. I LOVE girls night out during Priesthood. It's just fun. We stayed the night at my house. My dad's mission companion and his wife stayed with my family, as well, which means there was some seriously good eats provided by my mom. I should have taken pictures of it all, but there is no time for taking pictures when the food is hot and you're hungry.
After Sunday morning session (which was spent watching it in pajamas in front of the TV) we were able to go to the sunday session. Michael's mom got tickets for us and it's just amazing to be in that phenomenal building with a living Prophet right in front of you! I'm so glad we got to go. It's the weekend I needed. I feel like I am back on track with my goals back in focus. Love it!
Here's the whole group:
(Boo to having to wear winter clothes. What ucky weather!)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! I liked ur post :) I miss being in Utah and being able to attend Conference... but thankfully we can see/hear it no matter where we are. I have a blog too: alexandmonik.blogspot.com. If it's ok, I'll add you to my list so there's one more way to keep in touch. Say hi to your parents for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Conference weekend too! I'm jealous you went to the Sunday afternoon session, I've never been to the Conference center for Conference. You look darling in your winter coat!

    ReplyDelete