Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fear of Commitment

Don't worry, I am commited to the boy I married.  I'm talking about another kind of commitment that I feel is sort of like marriage- picking out a couch.  You have to see it everyday.  You have to like it for a very long time.  It has to make it through thick and thin.  It's there for you when you have a long day.  It will support you.  It will still be there even if there are all manner of spills on it.  It needs to like children and possibly pets.  It needs to be compatible with your personality and work with you through time and all eternity.  (Ok stretching it there.)
Yes, I know I am a little dramatic.  But,  this has been my recent struggle.  When we go browsing through furniture stores, it is usually a window shopping type experience.  He will like something and she dislikes it.  She will like something, he will despise it.  Occasionally, there are things that we both feel mildly positive about.  But on one certain occasion, we both liked this beauty... 
But now, all these questions start going through my mind like am I ready to buy a couch?  Is it the right couch for me?  What if I don't like the couch after a year?  Is it a quality couch?  Will it crumble if things get rough?  Is it just a phase? Do I LOVE it or just really like it? 
I then start making pro/con lists in my head like we don't really need it right now, but next summer we will.  And it is on sale for a REALLY great deal.  I don't want to miss out on that.  I think the jury is still out on this one.  What do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. i think you're over analyzing this. oh wait - i would do the same. it's RISKY business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couch is a great one...it's neutral if you want a new look you could add new throw pillows or a throw on it and it would look like a new couch.
    We bought a couch that is similar! I love the versatility that a couch that color offers.

    Your blog is really cute!
    Shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that couch! I wish I could buy real furniture, and not have ugly student housing furniture. I guess that is what couch covers are for! Anyway, I reallly like it and as long as it if comfortable you should go for it :)

    ReplyDelete