Wednesday, October 14, 2009

{the perks of being a teacher}


A couple of things that I really like about my job:
(In no particular order...really)
  • Fall Break- Starting today! Nice! 
  • Spring Break- A whole week this year!
  • Christmas Break
  • Summer Break- No work and still getting paid. Great idea!
  • Thanksgiving Break- (There are a few more of these, but I think you get the picture) 
  • No homework for me (unless you count grading while watching movies) 
  • Something new everyday 
  • Kids say the darndest things
  • Actually seeing students grow and learn so much in one year
  • Realizing that your attitude and smile really can make a difference to someone
  • Getting to read a bunch of good books
  • Celebrating every holiday known to mankind- Johnny Appleseed Day, Grandparents Day and Red Ribbon Week are a few of the lesser known ones that are recognized in Elementary.
  • Having and decorating a classroom
  • Watching my class play dodgeball- it looks like "The Matrix" out there sometimes
  • The pay- HA!
  • The benefits are actually a pretty sweet deal- now I just need to schedule all the Dr. Appts.
  • Recess
  • Being able to casually say, "Reese's are my favorite" and have students from this year and last year drop off Reese's for me. Yum!
  • It's just fun, but I am excited for Fall Break!  Sleeping in and adventure, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Teaching definitely had its perks, but we definitely need good long breaks to help us keep our sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will have to come "job shadow" you and help you eat some of those Reese's!

    ReplyDelete