We went to the playground by our house. We had cupcakes, balloons and some fairytale foods. (Teddy grahams= Goldilocks, Reese's eggs= Humpty Dumpty, Mini Corn Dogs= 3 Little Pigs, Apples= Snow White, and Jellybeans= Jack & the Beanstock)
Laila at least made it look like she was blowing out the candle and that she wanted her cupcake. Although, in reality, her mouth was full of apples and she didn't even touch the cupcake. (I guess a mother can't complain if her daughter prefers apples over cupcakes...But where did she come from?)
Laila had lots of family (both sets of great grandparents from mom's side, Grandma & Grandpa Ostler, mom's Uncle Jeff, Uncle Will & Aunt Mel Mel) and lots of friends. She was spoiled by everyone with lots of gifts. She didn't mind pulling out the tissue paper and looking inside. Thank heavens because it's always awkward when mommy has to open your gifts.
She loved her balloons! This was her balloon face. She kept saying "oh! oh!" And pointing at them.
(She really did like the balloons even if her face doesn't look ecstatic.)
We tied one to her shirt and she loved just walking around all day and having it follow her.
I can hardly believe that I am a mom of a one year old! As a 1 year old:
- She walks/runs around everywhere!
- She is extremely methodical and thoughtful as she goes about her business. When you look at her, you can almost SEE exactly what she is thinking.
- She has some words that she says, but "Uh oh" is her favorite this month. And she knows what that means.
- She still nurses. She won't take a bottle but she takes sippy cups. She loves water. We are working on her developing her mom's love of milk.
- She loves string cheese, noodles, yogurt, crackers, cheerios, green beans, pears, apples, bananas, peaches, oranges (even though they give her a sore bum) and tortillas. We are working on getting her to eat meat and more veggies. (At least TRY them, stubborn girl)
-She weighs 19.7 pounds
-She's 29" tall.
- And- you guessed it- her head is in the 99th percentile! haha! You go girl!
- She still wakes up usually once a night to eat and then goes right back to sleep.
-She loves stuffed animals. She gives hers sweet hugs and she reminds me of the darling book, "Knuffle Bunny"
-She loves playing/being outside
-Her laugh is contagious.
-She is wonderful.
The world is a better place with our little Adelaide and we are so happy to have her in our lives. Everyday brings a new adventure and I'm grateful to be her mommy.