Monday, July 18, 2011

Foreboding, isn't it?

Not only are the weather reports reporting 112 degrees with 20% humidity foreboding, but so is seeing this coming your way...


This, my friends, is a haboob. Yep that's what a giant wall of dust and crazy wind is called. You can tell how dusty it is from the haziness of the pictures. It's our second one this season. Our last one...


...made some national headlines. That's pretty sweet, but clean up/dusting afterward is not my favorite.

Sunshine on one side...


and this from the other direction...


Monsoon season 2011 is definitely here!

5 comments:

  1. Another haboob?!? What the heck. I hate all the dust it leaves. It totally covered my wreath on the door!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy! you should see the thunderstorms that roll in here approximately every 3 days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleh. I didn't know that happened in Az...At least it's not all year round right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that is scary! I hate dust and dirt so I'm glad there are no haboob's in Utah.

    ReplyDelete