Thursday, July 14, 2011

Food, glorious food...

So I really don't like going grocery shopping. I just don't. Sadly, neither does Michael. That means we get pretty resourceful when it's meal time and we don't have milk, eggs, bread, chicken, fresh produce, canned veggies...anything. Michael and I had crackers for breakfast yesterday! Haha! Lame! I guess that's one plus about us not having kids yet. Otherwise we'd be border line negligent parents. No worries, we've promised each other to go grocery shopping tomorrow. or Saturday. Maybe Monday. We'll see.
This lack of desire to grocery shop has made me remember our lives at the beginning of the summer where we had an endless supply of food at our finger tips or just a room service call away. All inclusive. Seriously. Cruise ships are the dream. And I really mean it when I say food brings people together. We were on a ship that promoted freestyle dining so we could go to dinner whenever we wanted. We enjoyed going to the sit down restaurants with all 6 of us.

Michael enjoyed eating at the buffet and then going to our 3 course dinner AND THEN ordering room service!!! Seriously. I had NO idea my husband could handle that much food. THREE Dinners! Yowzers.




I enjoyed being able to have hot chocolate on brisk, rainy days.



We had two days at sea over our trip, which was nice to be able to sit, relax, eat, read, etc. We also had beautiful weather. This was my view... nice crowd eh?





Of course, the towel animals are the cherry on top...




Guess how old my husband is? He hearts shuffleboard!




We had so much fun!




And we enjoyed riding off into the sunset!




Now we have been back for over a month, we need to go grocery shopping and my contract time starts again in two weeks...BUMMER! Talk about a reality check...

3 comments:

  1. If you ordered a basket, online, you could have fresh fruit and vegetables, and bread if you like, and all you have to do is pick it up. It saves lots of time at the grocery store. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer is right. Bleh. I hate reality checks. And I love cruises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with liking shuffle board? :)

    ReplyDelete