Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fabulous Fall Break part 2

The rest of Fall break was not disappointing. It was NOT easy to leave those beautiful FALL colors. I'm sorry, but AZ does not have seasons. Unless you count hot, hotter and hottest. It's currently hot season so if anyone wants to visit 80 temps, I have a place you can stay...
During the rest of the week we watched her:

(yes, that's my sister. and no, I don't know why she got the long, skinny legs, and yes, I do love their way cute jerseys)

Wednesday I was able to go to the elementary school I went to and talk to my amazing 4th,5th, & 6th grade teacher who is still there. Seriously, I still want to be her when I grow up. I got to spend the day with my mom. She is the best librarian ever. She really knows her stuff and I love all her book recommendations. (I know, mom, I still need to read, "Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.") While I was there I also got to visit with one of second graders! He is now a 5th grader and goes to my elementary school! What a small world and it's starting
to make me feel old.

We were able to see some friends. I wish we could have seen everyone that we miss so much in Utah. Boy, do those few days fly by.

After 5 years, a marriage, a mission, a few graduations, lots of loving conversations about our outfits, we finally took some new family pictures. This is the only one I have so far. Michael took the picture though so it's not the complete family.


We also got to celebrate Michael's birthday here:



I wish I could have gotten a picture of my dad's face. He loved the go-carts a little too much. He did not love waiting for the workers to come and get him unstuck and he did not like his score in lazer tag. I guess we'll have to practice that later. It was great. And boy, did Camille not like being spun out! She's just not as great a driver as others. : ) Grandma had fun though...


I do love that our tokens were able to purchase these beauties:

It was a fabulous fall break and it nearly broke my heart to leave. I'm
sure glad the holiday season is right around the corner...

3 comments:

  1. Did you get your hair cut?? It's cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family Jennifer! It was one of the best things ever to get to spend those months with you when I came visit. I'll never forget how good you were to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Boondocks! Whoever thinks it's just a kids place is so wrong.
    P.S. Cute family pic.

    ReplyDelete