Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fabulous Fall Break part 1

After Chicago, my picture taking skills seriously deteriorated. But we had a great rest of the week nonetheless.
Monday we flew into SLC! It was great. We were coming in from our layover in Denver and the plane crossed into Utah Valley right over my dear Mapleton. It turned North and continued right over beautiful Hobble Creek Canyon, the Y on the mountain, our little Provo house (I swear I saw it.) We then continued flying along above I-15 where Michael and I counted the temples as we saw them. It was the perfect way to be bring me home. So thank you Southwest Pilot.
That night we had a great birthday dinner for Michael with his family. The next morning- DEMOLITION. Michael enjoyed ripping out A LOT of walls inside because the kitchen is getting updated.
My HGTV self loves watching the unbelievable project the Shields are undergoing. I wish I had before pictures, but their house used to have a flat roof. It was custom made in the 70s and all that that implies. They added the slant roof, cornices and a big family room/ master suite addition to the back. And they are going to put windows in the front and update the facade. It looks awesome.
Everyday we were there included drastic changes!
It was so much fun to be there and help. (Michael obviously was more crucial than I.) It was a great addition to our Fall Break.

3 comments:

  1. My HGTV self loves looking at your pictures of the demolition! I love home remodels! I'm sad we didn't get a picture of us girls when we were together.... I even had my camera in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never demolished a house before. I guess I'd better add that to my bucket list. It'd honestly never crossed my mind before, but it looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family sure loved having you! And Brycen thinks you should come back...

    ReplyDelete