Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Pray for snow...it's not blasphemous..."

This was read by me on a sign at the BYU Outdoor gear shop.  You have to love BYU!  Despite the many negative things that the freezing, Winter temperatures bring, there is always one thing that makes all the negative things worth it--  Skiing!  I love it and I wish I was better at it.  I don't know why wearing three layers of clothes plus winter clothes, putting on extremely awkward to walk in boots, having numb fingers and toes,  and dripping noses can be considered so much fun, but none the less- it really is.  Many fond memories have been made while I was skiing.  Over the break was no exception.

Michael's family lives right by the mouth of Cottonwood canyon, so we have already been a few times this season.  We were glad we were able to go, especially when Christi and Bryce were here.  Everyone skiied except Michael and Bryce.  They were the snowboarders...  I know a lot of people think it's "cool" to snowboard, but I seriously do not see how that could be fun.  I've seen some with talent, but for the most part, I only see them on their rears or wiping out down the whole slope.  How is that fun?  To me, it's not.  To Michael, it is.  In his defense, he doesn't spend the whole time on his fanny and he's getting good.  I'm sure this picture is just a "breather."

We even got Michael's dad to get back on skis for the first time in 20+ years.  Don't be fooled though, he was no bunny hill dweller.  Here's a shot of the whole group:   (You have to love Isaiah's smile...)


I sure do love that snow!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. You crack me up..thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad praying for snow is not blasphemous, cause I do it all the time! Skiing is fun and snowboarding does not look. What will you do when you move to Arizona?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry it's just a claw mark!

    ReplyDelete