Sunday, January 3, 2010

...and a Happy New Year!

This year was the first year that I have celebrated New Years Eve in Provo.  It turned out great.  Our friends came over and we used our fondue pot wedding present for the very first time.  We melted chocolate and dipped many wonderful things into in it.  Chocolate goes well with everything!
 *Picture taken after we started cleaning up.  I'm just glad I got some...Thanks to Jenni...
 

We played games and, of course, celebrated the clock striking 12 by...
 blowing our dollar store horns


...and lighting our dollar store sparklers which looked great...

...but didn't last that long...

We then broke Elementary School teachers' curfews by staying up after that to watch "Angels and Demons." Quite the thinking/suspense movie for after midnight!  I will admit, I was not as confused watching it as I was with "The DaVinci Code."  Thank heavens I took AP Art History in high school.

I cannot believe it is already 2010!  Also, what is this year being called? Twenty-ten? or Two Thousand Ten?  I do like New Years.  It's fun to see what was accomplished and to feel like there's a fresh start with a brand new year.  And what a great way to bring it in!

4 comments:

  1. This year:
    Mom turns 50.
    I turn 18.
    Will graduates the Primary, gets the Priesthood, and passes the sacrament.
    Annie gets home!
    Melanie can drive (with mom in the car of course).
    I graduate high school and move out a couple months later.
    What!? We're all a bunch of oldies.

    PS I like her boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have a matching pajamas thing going on...
    Also I love your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um your family is growing up! I can't believe Melanie is going to start driving.... crazy! I love your pj's so cute!

    ReplyDelete