Friday, November 7, 2014

This is Halloween (2014)

We made it to Halloween! It was quite the week getting there because we potty trained Laila during the week.  What a task! Then to top it off, we got granite counter tops put in our kitchen on Friday (Halloween.)  So we turned off our kitchen sink and dishwasher Thursday night. Which meant dirty dishes ended up in a laundry basket.  I know I'm such a first world whiner, but I was very grateful to get those hooked up again on Saturday.




Friday night, we were invited to dinner so we got in our costumes and headed over.  Michael brought home a darling saree dress home from his trip to India so I had to get a good way for Laila to wear it. So we went for a "Small, small world" theme for our family this year.  We also took some tombstone cupcakes over for dessert but I didn't take any pictures of them.  :(  I don't bake often so when I do it's fun to play a little.


After dinner, I took Laila trick or treating to a few houses around our neighborhood.  She was pretty cute saying "trick or treat" and "thank you" to everyone.  Then our circle had a fire and we all sat around the fire chatting and handing out candy to any trick or treaters.  It was a fun Friday.



3 comments:

  1. Dirty dishes?! When you don't have a working kitchen you use paper. Or eat out! Love the new countertop. And I especially love Laila's little belly in her costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Laura--why not paper plates??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys had a fire with your neighbors! How fun.

    ReplyDelete