Saturday, June 7, 2014

May Musings

My favorite month flew by so fast! (Probably because it was awesome.) My birthday starts the month and I have to tell ya, my husband, family and friends knocked this one out of the park.  I always tease Michael that it's really my birthday week. Even though I realize that the word is birthDAY.  But this year, I felt special all week.  From flowers, free meals, balloons, cupcakes, presents, and special emails or texts, it was a great week!






At the end of the week, we ran our first 5k race.  Seriously, never put that on my bucket list because there are some things that I could die without doing and still be satisfied. Running is one of those things to me.  However, I really am glad we did it.  It was the AZ Diamondbacks race for the cure (good cause!) and the route was honestly really fun. It started and ended at the stadium so it went around downtown and finished with a victory lap around Chase Field. Overall, it was a good experience.

^Before the race...

 ^After...


Victory lap around the field...Pretty awesome.


5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about running. Nice work doing a 5K! Maybe someday I will... or maybe not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! I will respect your decision....either way. ;)

      Delete
  2. But you are still smiling after the 5K so you secretly liked it a little ;) And in May we got to hang out twice in one day! That was pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely awesome! Now if we could just get you to move closer!

      Delete
  3. Running....something I could die without doing and still be satisfied. That's going on my quote wall!

    ReplyDelete