Saturday, June 9, 2012

Next stop...

Brings us to Utah!  After Texas, we flew into Utah by going through Phoenix. That flight was actually cheaper than flying directly to Phoenix (weird, I know) so we decided to head on into Utah. One thing I do not like about traveling home is that it's such a short visit filled with family that I never get to see ALL the people that I want to and traveling with an infant makes it even worse!  Laila is such a sweet baby but by this point of the trip, she was dying to have some kind of normalcy, poor girl.
We had so much fun though!  Laila got to meet Tricia and Keith...


We enjoyed a lovely evening with them.  We had yummy barbecued food and rested as Keith serenaded us with his fancy piano!

Then we enjoyed seeing family.  My dad took us to his elementary school...

Our little Adelaide met Great Grandpa Cook for the first time...

The above is probably my most favorite picture EVER taken.  Little Laila absolutely lit up around her great grandparents. She was so alert and smiley and chatty and my grandma even got her to almost giggle.  Seriously.  The love was so apparent and made forever families that much more real to me.  I just loved every second of it.

Laila also got to meet the handsome, Henry.  You can tell she agrees that he's super cute...

Thank you, Laura for taking that picture, you took the best one.

Laila had a lot of fun catching up with Mom's friends Janna, Kelsy, and, of course, Laura & Henry.
That's a high quality self-timer pic right there, folks.

We also made sure Great-grandpa Ostler was healing well after his knee surgery. Laila again was happy to see him.

It was so nice to be home with family and cool weather! *Ahh, cool weather, I miss you!*  But boy howdy, was Laila VERY glad to be back in her own bed with a semi-regular routine again.  Time keeps flying...

3 comments:

  1. Fun! My mom mentioned that she got to see you and your cute babe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you came to Utah and our schedules worked so I could see you! I'm glad Laila is such a good little traveler so you can come to Utah again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Laila and Henry. And the high-quality self-timer pic too. :)

    ReplyDelete