Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Today we are seeing things in 99.99% pink! We went in for our official ultrasound which they wouldn't let me schedule until now- I'm 21 weeks!
From day one, Michael has said it's a girl. He kept saying, "Why are we even going to the Dr.? We already know what it is." He calls it his father's instinct. I guess he's right. It is pretty funny because before we got pregnant, I always thought we would have a boy first. When we found out we were pregnant, I had this overwhelming thought of, "...OR it could be a girl!" So when Michael kept saying it was a girl, I would secretly agree and stubbornly say if it's a boy, he's not going to be happy that you called him a girl.

We did have a sneak peek at week 15 because a friend's brother is an OBGYN so he invited us in to see if we could see what baby is. Baby was coy and the umbilical chord was between her legs, but the dr. said he was 90% sure it was a girl. Which was perfect because I flew into Utah the next day and was able to give our moms these gifts...

Michael's mom craved ice cream when she was pregnant.


(I can't tell you how many lemon meringue pies we ate when my mom was pregnant with Mel)

But it is nice to have the verdict go from 90% girl to 99.99% girl! When I told my dad it was a girl, he said, "Of course it is! That's what we do in our family!" Well, we are carrying on the tradition!

I'm pretty excited about it and still a bit shocked. I'm going to be a mom to a little girl! That's a bit of an overwhelming feeling sometimes! But then I feel her move and see her pictures, and I just cannot wait!


7 comments:

  1. Yay! I love that there are little girls popping up everywhere :) So fun! Wait until you get to start buying the girl stuff...it's way too fun. I never had a preference boy or girl first, but let me just say it has been super fun getting ready to have a girl first. Now we just need to figure out how to get these two girlies to meet...a trip to SF or to Az? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE ideas of how to tell the moms!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Jenn! That is so exciting! Sometimes the dads just know. Before I even knew I was pregnant with my 7 year old my husband told me I was pregnant, that it would be a boy, and his name would be John. I laughed, but he was right. I fought the name John, but we couldn’t agree on a name. So I prayed about it and came up with his name. My husband my grandma and I all came up with the exact same name separately so John Alan we all knew it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait til i'm in the same sitch. Seriously!!!!!!! Yay a little demon like her mama! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You will have so much fun! They sure keep you on your toes, not gonna lie! Look at her adorable profile! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad she decided to stay a girl, because I had already purchased a girl item for you! She looks so cute all curled up in your belly. How long will you be in UT over Christmas.... we need to have a baby shower for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Whitney. I never had a preference until I had a girl. Now I think they are best. Pink everything is really the way to go. And just think of those future girls nights of shopping and chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete