Saturday, June 11, 2011

Those Great Danes are Hueggely


Our next stop in our vacation extraordinaire was...Denmark. One of my personal favorites of the trip. We met up with Michael's grandparents who kindly got us a beautiful room at the Marriott. It had a beautiful view of the river.


I loved going to these European cities that were on the water. Copenhagen is beautiful. I loved the old brick buildings and the picturesque cobblestoned streets. (Even if they did break my luggage.) I also loved that there were bicycle lanes and so, so, so many people riding bikes everywhere. Among those bikes, were free ones that you could rent and ride around the city. LOVE!

We rode the train out to a summer castle of the Danish Royalty. It's now a museum, but it was so pretty. A girl could get used to calling this home...


and having this for a view from her room...


I enjoyed walking around the grounds and was so glad it wasn't as cold as Iceland. Therefore, I wanted a jumping picture. Michael refused to play along.


After the castle, we went back into Copenhagen for my most favorite activity of the trip! We met up with Michael's mission companion, David Kofod and his adorable wife, Camilla.



They took us and Michael's parents on a boat tour around the city. It was so fun to see all the sites in such a relaxing way.

One of the many narrow bridges we went under.


After the tour, the Kofods took Michael and I to the Danish LDS Temple.



It is so beautiful!

You would think by this point in the evening the Kofods would be sick of us, but no. They took us to their home and fed us quite the feast! Everything was so delicious! We chatted the evening away and enjoyed wedding pictures and mission stories. It was an extremely delightful evening. We can't wait until we can get those awesome Danes to visit us in the states.



The next morning, our adventures continued as we hauled our luggage to the ship yard and loaded "The Norwegian Sun."

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. Your trip looks amazing.

    It's sad we didn't get to see you in Phoenix. I'm sure you wish you had been with us in Phoenix than traveling through Europe.

    ReplyDelete