Monday, September 14, 2009

{I secretly want to be on HGTV}


I think we can blame watching many hours of HGTV this summer for the sudden increase of desire to do some projects. This weekend we bought two end tables off of Craig's list. After some research, we have discovered for being such little things, end tables are expensive! So we were glad to find a really good bargain on this set. They started out a light pine color and so we sanded them and stained them a pretty red mahogany.
Here's a before/after shot- kind of:
Here's the sanding: (He did all the sanding because that sound gives me the super chills. It's the equivalent of nails on a chalk board to me! ugh!)

Despite him being the only one in the photo, I really did help with the staining. (Someone had to take the picture!)

Now we have a lovely end table to cozy up our little home! Thank you HGTV!

5 comments:

  1. whatevs. i'm waiting for project part two - the blue accents with a "thank you horito for being the freaking coolest person ever" attached to it.
    haha.
    also, my blue remote control vase is kickin'... i like to knock it on the floor to show brad how proud i am that it's not breakable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love before and afters - and i'm the exact same way. when i USED TO HAVE cable i would watch those house makeover shows all the time and think up little projects. i have about 3 different ones right now in the works... where are you living these days anyway? we should complete these projects together! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go you two! I hate sanding and staining, it is the worst. But they tables look very nice, I love the color! I also LOVE HGTV and everytime I watch it I get inspired to do a project... and never actually do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cute house! I would love to see a tour...hint, hint! I also love the finished project on the table! So cute!

    ReplyDelete