Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is there really an end to summer?

First off, I must brag for a little bit about the fact that this post is made possible by my own skills to get our new wireless router up and working. I am not well enough trained to be an expert at computer things and I never learned it in college either. However, I mastered my mini fear and actually set up a wireless network that WORKS on my ghetto computer in our little old house AND I actually think it's secure! I'm very proud.

On a different note, I cannot believe that another summer is ending. I got the summer that I wanted after a stressful school year. A very lazy, hazy, crazy summer. I'm going to miss the many hours of sleep each night, the pool, and HGTV. That was my schedule in Arizona. It was wonderful but near the end of July, I started getting a little antsy to get back to doing things, my classroom and this little house:
Before I got officially back to work, we had a fun weekend in northern Phoenix where we stayed here:

Then we made the long drive up and even stopped to see this:



We then enjoyed some beautiful days with Michael's family in Midway where the temperature is NOT trying to melt me. It felt so good and I love how pretty it all is. It was a great way to end a nice, lazy summer.

3 comments:

  1. Cute lil' house!! good luck with the new school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn-
    Cute blog! I found it on your facebook account.

    I am disappointed in myself for not calling you again this summer. The send-off of Neil's parents ended up being busier than I thought.

    Are you going to move back to AZ someday? Just as I was starting to think it was never going to cool off here, it is getting down to the high 90's during the day and the 70's at night. Let me know when you are coming back. We'll help you move in.

    ReplyDelete