Monday, July 20, 2009

Vive Harry Potter


I am a Harry Potter fan! I am. I am. I also can't stay awake past 11 pm anymore, so we didn't go to the midnight showing like true blue fans. But we did see "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" on Thursday. I learned my lesson the hard way that I won't read the book right before the movie because then I usually despise the movie. So it's been a few years since I read the 6th book. Therefore, I actually liked the movie. I feel like it did a good job at capturing the parts I remember. EXCEPT for the end. No me gusta. I won't be being a spoiler, because the gist was the same as the book. However, I felt like the book had a lot more powerful ending involving a lot more characters and plot weaving than the movie. I guess that's why books are always better than the movies. Anyway...I want to know what others thought. Let me know. Until then...Vive Harry Potter!

5 comments:

  1. I don't read the books, but this movie didn't seem all intense and lots of wizardry going on! The 5th movie scared me, we watched in on Halloween as my "scary" movie. But this one was a love story, maybe we will watch it on Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it did a good enough job. I was a bit upset they didn't have that ending as well. But the director said he may include it in the beginning of the next movie. I also didn't like that the other memories weren't included. But who knows. They might throw them in the next movie. Out of them all it might be my fav...not sure. And the teenage Tom Riddle reminds me of my nephew...not personality wise but looks. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poster. The green is such a pretty green color (what? You want a dress that color for your Kryptonite costume this halloween so we can go crash a singles dance again?).
    We already discussed this movie at length. ;)

    However, I will say that I loved the scenes with London in them!!! ::Sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you mentioned. It was an awesome movie, the ending wasn't great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on the movie! It had been a while since I'd read #6 too, but it's my absolute favorite book of the series.... so it was hard to see the parts they cut out/added in. But overall, I'd say it's the best Harry Potter movie yet! Vive Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete