Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Days

Because of the time difference, we found out my sister had her baby on August 5.  Even though he was born on August 6.  Trippy huh!
Well, a few short hours after that great news, we got to see our own sweet baby for the first time:

yep...that's right... Our little Adelaide is going to be a big sister!


It was quite the exciting day because we went in for our "pregnancy confirmation" (10 week) ultrasound.  I had been worried because I felt bigger than I did at 10 weeks with Laila.  When they put the image on the screen, I was also thinking Laila looked like a bean in her 10 week ultrasound. This one looks like a baby. So it was quite the surprise when they said, "This baby is measuring 12 weeks along not 10.  Your due date just went from Feb 20 to Feb 8."  Sweet!

It still seems pretty surreal. We are going to have TWO kids? That belly bump really is a baby.  It's not just the AZ oven heat that is making me feel nauseous. In February, we are going to have a newborn again.  Wow!  It's just incredible.  It's also fascinating that although I've already had a baby, the same anxiously excited feelings are there.  I hope my baby is safe.  I pray that it is strong and healthy.  I hope I can take care of my body so that my body can take care of my baby. And most of all, I hope that I can teach (both) my babies to remember their divine potential.  They are amazing souls and they deserve to be happy. That's my greatest job.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats again! Can't wait to hear what you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for babies!! As you I read, "I hope I can take care of my body so that my body can take care of my baby", I'm munching on a bowl of Captain Crunch! Yup, I should change that. But I'm SO excited for you guys!! And p.s. totally jealous that you get more than one ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete