Saturday, May 18, 2013

Closing Time



We closed on our Avondale house this week.  Our first home is officially sold. I will admit it feels nice to only own one house again.  This week felt like I was living like a hobo in the partially empty Avondale house, a pack rat in our unpacked, painting, chaos, Ahwatukee house. (And I was partially living in the car.) Lesson learned: I dislike moving.

It was really hard to clean out our first home.  It was a good house full of great memories (and way too much stuff) It's where we welcomed our Baby Girl and where we started our AZ adventures.  I'm glad I was too stressed to get things out and cleaned to be emotional but it was weird to see someone else's car parked in my garage.

We had fun making it our home. This was our front entry.  I loved all the arches.


This was off the front hall.  It led to our "sitting room," laundry room, 1/2 bathroom, and coat closet.

This was our open family room.  We put in the canned lights in the room which made the lighting a million times better.

This was our kitchen/dining room. I'm going to miss that big pantry.  Every bedroom in this house had nice walk-in closets. Those are going to be extremely missed.

I liked that the raised counter hid my sink so you couldn't immediately see my dirty dishes. :)


 Laila's room was my favorite.


She loved it too.


This is the only pic I can find of our master right now...



I'm going to have to see if I have any other pictures of the other two bedrooms and how the master bedroom just kept going.  It was way too big.

In the "new" house, we've already encountered a few minor situations that we certainly did not have to deal with in our new build in Avondale so we can't help but miss our "old" house.  But we both still feel like it was the right thing to do for our little family.  So we are excited to see our new adventures unfold...


3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...I was so worried about getting everything out of the house, that I didn't even have time to feel emotional. Our houses just aren't the same with "new" cars there. I'm excited for you guys in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... yeah. Your new house is missing this "Horito has been here" hauntings... If it's big enough, (i.e. four bedrooms with walk in closets), we should have a roomie reunion in AZ next year or something! Complete with childrens!

    ReplyDelete