Monday, February 11, 2013

Very Pinteresting

Well, some days I just love Pinterest so much.  But, I really feel it's only a good site if I actually use my pins and not just dream and covet.  I haven't taken many food pictures of the food attempts, but some are true keepers.  Others, not so much.  I do feel proud of myself after I actually finish some projects...So...here are some projects lately:

This was my pinspiration for Melanie's Christmas Gift.  This seller just didn't have a girl silhouette. That no work for me...


So I read up on how to make silhouettes on a few blogs and others pins, and decided to use this picture of Mel:


The thing with me and crafty projects is I get super self conscious so I'm taking pictures all along the way.  Constantly comparing mine to the inspiration.  Procrastinating so I don't mess up.  And asking my poor husband and sisters how it looks a gajillion times.


She needed her signature ponytail so Camille free handed one for me.  I was going to do a grayish background, but then I saw that coral, sparkle paper and knew that's Melanie.  Here's the finished project right before I wrapped it.  I think she likes it!


This past weekend, I had my dad, brother and two sisters here.  So Camille and Melanie stepped up to help me do a project I've been stewing about for my laundry room.  (If you can call it that.  It's more like laundry closet or narrow hallway leading to the garage.)  Therefore, I needed something small and simple. Here's my laundry room before:

Then, thanks to a gift card I won at work (Holla!) I was able to pick out the hooks, supplies and the color. (SUPER Stressful)

As you will see in the following pictures, after I painted, Camille with the help of Michael did most of the work.  She's pretty super. Here she is finding the studs...


Here she is drilling the hooks into the board that she had Michael had previously drilled into the wall...


And the final product...

And the color looks different in every picture due to the crazy awful lighting... But I LOVE it and I don't care who knows it!



Pay no attention to the mound of sheets I have to clean, it's a small price to pay to have my wonderful family visit!  Let's be honest, it's my laundry room therefore decorating/painting it is a VERY low priority for me, but I love the color and organization one single strip of wood can bring!

Sadly, for my husband, these finished projects don't just satisfy my hunger for projects.  It only fuels the fire to accomplish some more! Any suggestions on what I should do next? ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love hooks...especially conveniently placed on the way out the door. Mel's project turned out awesome! Fresh out of ideas but that's awesome your family was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie's gift turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I love showing off my finished projects. It is amazing how much difference one thing can make.

    ReplyDelete