Sunday, February 12, 2012

Be Still My Soul

Today we slept in, ate cereal in bed, then Michael vacuumed the main room while I took a long, hot shower. I tried on a few dresses trying to decide which I was most comfortable in. We slowly got ready for church. Then we ate some yogurt and fruit out on the patio. After that, we left early for church so that we could get soft seats. Enjoyed a good day at church. When we came home, we had a nice picnic lunch in the backyard and basked in the sunlight.


Michael then made a wonderful lasagna for our dinner with his coworker and his family. There's nothing more attractive than a man in the kitchen.

Meanwhile, puppy and I took a nap. (Normally I would never post sleeping pictures, but it's what I do a lot now. It's only fair to document.)

Dinner was delicious. They brought homemade lemon bars from their lemon tree. What a wonderful February treat. I really feel our winters are a reward we get for living here with the intense summers. It was a wonderful day. The weather was beautiful and not having to do anything because my husband took over was the cherry on top. That is why I love Sundays. It's a day for the soul to rest. Even if I feel like a balloon. The clock keeps ticking!

(I know after bragging about the wonderful weather, I should have some kind of tan. But nope.)

5 comments:

  1. is that my dress??? if it is, then it's proven now that the clothes i buy look like maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sunday sounded very similar until you started talking about the weather because ours included shoveling instead of vaccuming and dinner around a heater vent instead of in the sunlight. I do love late church though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Can't wait until I can be there in SEVEN WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why have you not had your baby yet! you look perfect though a big belly and small everything else still. i am excited for you!

    p.s. i am jealous of your sundays. make my husband cook for me... do it!

    ReplyDelete