Monday, September 6, 2010

The house that Craigslist built...

This is the room craigslist built...

Entertainment Center- Really came from KSL but close enough- Our movers were not happy moving this solid piece around...


32" TV to fit in the entertainment center-

Our coffee table (I love the legs)


... and our end tables


Plant stand- I don't like this plant on it, but it works for now and even though it seems so simple, new plant stands are REALLY expensive. This one's vintage from the 40s too- cool story.


REAL leather chair- And yes, it's as comfy as it looks. Don't believe me, come try.


We needed something BIG and not bulky but 8' fake trees are $300+ in stores. Woot for a fraction of that!


It's fun piecing things together and finding good things that are affordable. Craigslist sure has a lot of crazy things, but if you keep your eye on it- there are some great things on there.







6 comments:

  1. Marcus loves the "BLMC" (big leather man chair) :) The room is way cute! I guess whenever we finally move, we'll have to have you over to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! It all looks so nice...especially put together. Good Job! I bet you are just loving your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. Finding cool stuff for cheap is an artform! My sister has the gift...I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I need help adding a little life to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the red pillows.
    Oh what I'd do for a large living space...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I just remembered you had a blog and so much has happened since our ESL class...I love your house! You've done such a great job with it. But I've got two questions for you...1. Where did you get that plant next to your entertainment center (the short one) / what type is it/ 2. Are those sunflowers on your kitchen table real or silk? I LOVE those and I've been looking for silk ones for our kitchen because it's foggy a lot in San Francisco so I can't have real ones...

    ReplyDelete