Monday, June 29, 2009

Ratty's Wedding Weekend

This past Friday, we drove up to Utah. The original plan was that since we're in Phoenix for the summer, I would just fly up to Alisia's wedding and Michael would have to stay and work. Although it's only a little over an hour of a flight, I could not find round-trip tickets for less than $250.00! A little pricey for me, especially since driving is a small fraction of the cost. Therefore, Michael agreed to drive with me. (That would stink to drive by myself.) We left at 11:30 AM (Arizona Time) and didn't get to Kaysville until 11:00 PM (Utah Time). I have now decided that is WAY TOO long of a drive for my taste. And the cost of a plane ticket may just be priceless.

Saturday was Alisia's wedding and I was so excited to be there. Michael, my mom and I drove to the temple together and we were a little behind schedule/I was really worried we would be too late. Thank heavens we made it on time and were able to be there! It was a beautiful day. Alisia and Jason compliment each other so well. It was all sunshine!

This is the happy couple coming out as Mr. & Mrs.:

And some pics before my camera ran out of battery: Not so flattering picture of me, but I love my mom. She did my hair that day! It made me feel like I was a little girl again.

I already miss these girls:

It was a great day. We were doing wedding stuff all day and the fun didn't end until about 10. Michael and I were lucky to stay with his sister, Christi, and her husband, Bryce, Saturday night. It was fun to see them and their adorable Baby Brycen. I love holding him! All this fun had to end and Sunday morning at 5 AM we got on the road for AZ. It's an awfully early time of day but sleeping for a good chunk of the drive makes it a little more decent.

During the drive back, Michael and I talked about how that could be one of the last times I see the girls whom I still call my roommates although we are all married now. It was a little heavy to think about how our lives are already starting to take us to different corners of the country. I really love these girls. I always think how lucky I am to have these friends. I am also always amazed at how our conversations can go on forever if there's nothing to stop us. We are a varied group but we have had some great times together over all these years. There were many laughs, tears, jokes, trips and oh so many photo opps!

I am blessed to have such a great, supportive group of roommates.

Compliments of Horito:

2 comments:

  1. Okay your hair was so cute! I wish my mom knew how to do fancy hair like that!

    ReplyDelete