Monday, April 4, 2016

Selling Chateau Shields


I talked a little about selling our home in the last post.  But I wanted to dedicate a whole post to our house.  I loved this house!  There were so many things about it that were so ideal to me.  And of course, all the projects we put into this house made us love it even more.  However, I still feel like it was the best decision for our family to sell it so that we could enjoy our time abroad more fully.  We hadn't really done any projects since our floors as seen HERE  and you can see other updates HERE
(Gosh! I loved this house!) Before we packed up, I took some (not the best quality) pictures of some of my favorite moments in the house.  Here are a few:

^This spot in my living room just really came together for me.  I loved the feminine pops of color, our Fancy Nancy couch, rug, curtains, and entry table.  Just loved it.

^Ode to our entertainment center! Loved the hidden storage and the ability to display some things we've collected from around the world.

^This fireplace just seemed dark and boring and at a weird height to me when we first moved it.  But since my husband beefed it up and we added our decor, it became a favorite spot for me.

Our little kitchen! We imagined something completely different happening in here soon after we moved in.  Thankfully, we waited it out a bit because I liked this version better. And it was a lot less cost and labor extensive ;) The light fixture, the new faucet, the granite, the backsplash, and those open shelves Michael made.  Mmm! Just love it!


Although our master was never "finished" I liked the way it was starting to come together.  Look forward to putting together a new master when we get back. 


And now here are our final pictures of our "Chateau Shields..."
Cue Sarah McLachlan's 'I Will Remember You.' (semi kidding)






















They say that "Home is wherever I'm with you" and while I believe it, this was a great house for us!

4 comments:

  1. It was a cute house, but I think you made the right move. Enjoy your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a beautiful house! You made it look so incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your next house!

    ReplyDelete