Usually for Spring Break we are on some kind of adventure or vacation. As I am about to pop sometime in the next two weeks (hopefully), we didn't get to go anywhere. Needless to say, Michael and I are both itching for a vacation. We keep sending each other links to vacation deals that we find. It only adds fuel to the fire. Anyway... since I didn't get to go anywhere, I now realize why my Dr. said that I should keep working until baby comes. He said I would go stir crazy and that I have! I feel so exhausted/hormonal/cantankerous/weepy/amazed looking back at the past week- it's only been a week!?
Since Michael had work and school, I was able to tackle my nesting list. I crossed off...
- finding fabric for a baby project (still waiting for it to arrive!)
- hose down my exterior doors (AZ has dust EVERYWHERE)
- Dust the house (see above)
- Guest Bedrooms
- Baby Laundry- All of it. Now we're just waiting for the little girl to go with it.
- Thank you cards
- Mop- lots and lots
- Post Office
- Polished appliances (Pledge on stainless steel = amazing)
- Microwave (Pinterest, vinegar, and water helped)*
- Oven (I really should have known about the self cleaning button earlier! DUH!)*
- Fans (gross)*
- Blinds (All the haboobs this summer left their toll)*
- Outside Windows- I felt paralyzed after this*
- Master Bedroom
- Master Bath
- Reorganize our closet
- Family Room
- Kitchen cupboards
- Some shopping and errands
*I had my wonderful friend, Megan, to help me with these. She kept insisting to see my list. Who does that? She also got me into a swimming suit for some relaxing by the pool. (No pictures, for obvious reasons!) I'm not going to lie, even though I felt like a beached whale, it felt SO nice to be in the sun! Since her husband is in northern AZ for a medical rotation and mine has work and school until really late, we had a lot of good time together.
Besides cleaning, Michael and I had a really special experience on Tuesday that deserves a post all on it's own. I had a Dr.'s appointment which determined that Baby Girl is not coming this week. This weekend, Michael's been working his tail off in Baby's room. I cannot wait to see the final product. Michael and I also went on a very emotionally satisfying date and found a yummy Mexican restaurant. Thank you, Groupon.
What a week! Moral of the story, I'm ready to go back to work and getting A LOT closer to getting Baby Girl here! And thank heavens AZ has these amazing, blooming, orange trees so that we can still stop and smell the flowers...
See how all over the place I am?!