Sunday, February 13, 2011

Saturday is a special day...

...it's the day we get ready for Sunday.

I love productive Saturdays. It feels so good to see how much can be accomplished. Yesterday was one of those days. We have been working hard on a few projects around our house and it's so fun to see some of those efforts paying off.

We were so excited a few months ago when we got four trees for our backyard because it added some green to our dirt. Well, Michael has been working his little tail off to take our backyard from this:


To this:


I'm positive it is not easy to dig those trenches.


And finally...




Michael paved that patio himself, installed the sprinkler system, planted the grass-stinky job, planted the plants, hauled the rocks, etc. etc. etc... I love the way it turned out!

Granted, most of these projects took more than just one Saturday. But, now that it's Sunday, I can just rest on my own patio and as our nursery lesson today says, "I can be grateful for all the beautiful things Heavenly Father and Jesus created for me."

10 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that looks incredible! Nice work! We'll have to come see your cute house again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks so pretty back there! Doing sprinklers are a pain... but well worth it in the end. I remember teaching that nursery lesson last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your husband created that for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awes... you've got quite the catch!! such a hard worker bee. lol... no but seriously it looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that's impressive... he did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yard looks amazing! seriously, BBQ?? Like soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so good!! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, I didn't realize it's been so long since I've looked at your blog. I love your yard and I am so jealous! We are still waiting for the ground to thaw so we can experience such bliss! Way to go Michael!

    ReplyDelete